What a better way to celebrate Rooster year than eating some Rooster with red wine? And I mean red wine not only to drink with but also to cook with the Rooster.
It's relatively cheap and easy to complete. It should take thirty minutes to prepare the dish and expect two hours of cooking time. Try to buy some organic food products if you can in order to consume more responsibly.
LIST OF INGREDIENTS
- One 3 kg rooster, preferably already cut in pieces.
- One bottle of full-bodied red wine with strong tannins
- 200 g of pork lards
- 300 g of common mushrooms (the big white one if you prefer). Don't use Chinese mushrooms since their strong flavors would strongly alter the taste of your dish
- 2 big sliced carrots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bouquet garni (mix of fresh thymes, parsley, and rosemary)
- 1 minced onion
- 1 spoon of black pepper grains
- 5 cl of cognac (optional, alternatively you can use whiskey)
- 50 cl of brown stock
- 3 spoons of olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 big spoon of flour
- salt and peppers
If you feel like it, you can add some potatoes. As a good Asian, I would recommend using a rice cooker to prepare some fragrant Thai rice. Yummy! Enjoy! Take some pictures of your meal and tell us if you liked the recipe.
Happy Chinese new year and feel free to buy your wine online in Singapore with us.